Winter Futsal League
Gulf Coast Soccer is pleased to bring back indoor Futsal from January 7 - February 4 2023. We hope you can learn more about this exciting global Futsal phenomenon that is rapidly becoming an integral part of modern youth soccer programming throughout the United States.
Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced soccer game played indoors. Futsal is a 5v5 game played on a court surface with a smaller low-bounce ball. The game is played without walls, using touchline boundaries to restrict the playing area. See What is Futsal? article for more details.
Our goal is to provide a program to supplement players development by introducing him/her to Futsal. The fun, fast pace of Futsal, and smaller space means many more touches on the ball and allows a player to quickly recover and learn from his or her mistakes. We are confident that players of all ages and skill levels will enjoy and benefit from the noticeably improved ball-handling skills and quicker decision-making capabilities that Futsal provides. So please, join us for Winter Futsal and discover the secret to ball mastery and improving your game one touch at a time!
The Benefits of Futsal Include:
- Frequent touches on the ball, ball mastery
- Numerous goal-scoring opportunities per game
- Reinforces creativity and quick decision making
- Develops quick reactions and reflexes
- Small space allows opportunities to rotate and play all positions
- Builds player confidence - every player contributes to the outcome of the game
- Strengthens possession-based soccer by emphasizing passing and movement
- It develops the confidence in players to go 1v1 against their opponent
And unlike indoor soccer, Futsal does not allow the use of walls which means the ball is in constant motion and players must engage in quick decision-making and smart, creative technical movement to maintain possession of the ball.
- Eligibility: This is a club neutral league and is open to all kids that meet the age eligibility requirements
- Season: Saturdays, January 7- February 4, 2023 (6 Games Guaranteed)
- Location: All games at Groves Gyms (details to follow)
- Fees: $70 per player +$15 Jersey (team registrations upon request)
- Playing Format: 5v5 (with goalkeeper), official US Youth Futsal Rules will apply
- U8 - (1) 20-minute ball mastery warm-up, (2) 20-minute halves.
- U10-U14 - (1) 15-minute ball mastery warm-up, (2) 20-minute halves
- Facilities: Groves Activity Center and St. Paul Lutheran Church Gym
- Team Formation: Choose your team - from friends, schools, club teams, or neighborhoods. Teams may be CO-ED depending on the number of players available.
- Team Size: Recommended 7-8 players (10 players per roster max)
- Equipment Needed:
- Court/Indoor or tennis shoes only (NO CLEATS ALLOWED)
- We will supply official futsal balls for all events (ONLY FUTSAL BALLS ALLOWED, NO OUTDOOR SOCCER BALLS IN THE GYM)
- Age Groups (birth cut-offs):
- U8 (birth year
- U10 (birth year 2013-2014)
- U12 (birth year 2012-2011)
- U14 (birth year 2010-2009, includes all 8th graders)
- U15-U19 - Coming Summer 2023
- Registration Period: November 15 - December 31st. (Online)
Register individually, choose the players, team you wish to be on during registration and we will roster you accordingly. If you do not have a team or preference, we will place you on a team. PLAYING BASKETBALL TOO! ASK US ABOUT OUR FLEX SCHEDULE (2-week notice required)
Register now HERE
If you have questions about futsal or our winter program, please email email@example.com.