Key Objectives for the U10 Program
- Have fun
- Maximizing touches on the ball, but players should begin sharing the ball now.
- Focus on intermediate skills
- Individual, pairs and small group activities up to 3-4 players
Coaching and Logistics
- U10 teams play small-sided 7v7 games with goalkeepers on a larger field.
- Teams are coached by a trained volunteer coach and generally consists of 12-14 players.
- Age appropriate player development curriculum is used.
- Two practices a week, plus a game on Saturday.
- Teams typically play a 6- to 10-game season in the spring and fall season respectively