Gulf Coast Soccer is a volunteer-run organization. We need volunteer coaches, board members, and committee members to help plan, organize and run the club so we can provide the best possible experience for our players. We welcome you to consider joining our management team.
Secretary - The Secretary is an elected board position that helps keep the club organized. Duties include attending board meetings year-round, keep club records and documentation current preparing meeting agendas, managing official correspondence, taking and recording minutes, managing the clubs perpetual calendar, and performing other administrative duties the club may require.
Fundraising Director - The Fundraising Director plans, organizes and manages the club’s fundraising activities to help the club meet its financial goals outlined in the club’s annual operational budget. Duties include:
- Coordinate and manage the club's seasonal fundraising activities.
- Coordinate and manage the club's online and in-person spirt stores.
- Assist in planning and organizing the uniform and concession activities.
- Work with the Treasurer to track all club fundraising, spirt store and concession sales income.
- Plan and execute seasonal fundraising and spirt store sales campaigns outlining the club’s funding needs and fundraiser goals and communicate this to the Board of Directors, coaches, team managers, and members.
- Chair the Fundraising, Spirit Store, Concessions & Uniform Committee
Volunteer Coordinator - The VC acts as a liaison between the club and potential volunteers. He/she helps the club organize volunteers to meet various club needs, perform specific tasks or projects, and generally make it easier for volunteers to get involved and complete their tasks. Job duties include attending board meetings, making a list of activities or tasks that need to be done and contacting coaches and team managers to get resources to complete the tasks. The average time investment is about 2-4 hours per week in season.
Facility Maintenance Director - The Facility Maintenance Director acts as a liaison between the club and volunteer and hired workers who maintain the complex. Duties include attending board meetings, overseeing and managing the planning and scheduling of routine and planned maintenance at the facility. Planned maintenance activities include mowing, painting and marking of the fields, weed eating, fertilizer and insect repellent application, minor field repairs, goal, and goal net maintenance as well as scheduling mower/tractor service. This is a management position more so than a laborer position. The high volume activities are performed by contracted staff.
If you have an interest in filling one of the volunteer positions below, please contact the club President Keith Riggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or email email@example.com now and someone will contact you about the position you are interested in.